For years we have heard the saying….You are what you eat. Science is proving that foods and supplementation can have drastic affects on the appearance and aging of skin. Current research into “plant based” ceramics called phytoceramides are showing major improvements in skin hydration and wrinkle formation.
Maintain Youthful Skin Hydration and Integrity With Ceramides
- With aging, skin loses its youthful moisture, suppleness, and smoothness, thanks to the loss of essential ceramide molecules.
- Skin ceramides make up 35-40% of the lipids in the extracellular “cement” that binds together protective cells in the outermost skin layer, the stratum corneum.
- Loss of skin ceramides renders aging skin permeable to moisture, leaving skin dry, rough, and itchy; ceramide loss is also a major contributor to wrinkles.
- Ceramide replacement by nutritional supplementation is now a reality, the result of intensive research into the properties of ceramides in whole wheat grains.
- Supplementation with wheat ceramides has been shown to restore ceramide concentrations in the skin while battling other factors that contribute to skin aging.
- Clinical studies show that wheat ceramide supplementation measurably enhances skin moisture and contributes to smoother, more comfortable skin.
- Wheat ceramides offer the first scientifically proven means of enhancing beauty from the inside out.